[council] Russia's new "local storage" law adds to the mix

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [council] Russia's new "local storage" law adds to the mix
  • From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:07:15 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

On our call this morning, Thomas offered to catalog the ways in which
practices, policies and contracts at ICANN may rub wrong the laws of nations.
Though we decided to not conduct the exercise (saving Thomas a lot of time),
now comes fresh evidence that the problem, however big it is now, is only going
to get bigger.  Here is a link to a story about the new local storage law in
Russia:http://www.securityweek.com/russian-lawmakers-pass-new-bill-restricting-internet-data-storage

Cheers,

Berard