Re: [council] IGO/RC motion

  • To: Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "<council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] IGO/RC motion
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 17:14:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Some other thoughts:

First ³Resolved² clause:  Are we, in fact, re-convening the PDP WG?  I
thought the goal was to reconvene volunteers that had previous served on
the PDP WG to form a consultative WG to consider the amendments. Also, I
don¹t know if the Council should re-confirm Thomas, rather let the WG
decide if he should be reconfirmed, or if they even need a permanent chair
for this short-term effort.

Proposed (friendly?) amendment:
³The GNSO Council hereby calls for volunteers that have previously served
in the IGO/NGO PDP WG to reconvene as a [Review Team], and establishes the
previous Chair (Thomas Rickert) as Interim Chair."

Second ³Resolved² Clause:  Whatever we end up calling this group, it
should flow through the subsequent clauses.
Proposed (friendly?) amendment:
³The GNSO requests the reconvened [Review Team] to considerŠ.²

Third ³Resolved² Clause:  45 days is a tight deadline, should we allow the
new group to report back if it needs more time?
Proposed (friendly?) amendment:
³The GNSO Council requests that the [Review Team] provide the Council with
its recommendations in relation to the proposed amendment/modification
within forty-five (45) days of reconvening the group, or report back to
the Council prior to the end of this period with an updated time frame for
completion of its work.²

Thanks‹

J.