RE: [council] Briefing Note on process for amending IGO/INGO policy recommendations

  • To: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Briefing Note on process for amending IGO/INGO policy recommendations
  • From: avri <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:53:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

So it is correct to say that we need to, provisionally at least, approve of the
amendments we are proposing.

I will find that hard to vote for based both on personal viewpoint and my
understanding of ncsg perspectives.

avri

Sent from a T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

<mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx> </div><div>Date:07/09/2014  3:58 PM  (GMT-05:00)
[council] Briefing Note on process for amending IGO/INGO policy recommendations

Attached please find a short Briefing Note outlining the process to be
followed by the GNSO Council in invoking Section 16 of the PDP Manual,
with respect to a possible modification of a GNSO policy recommendation.
As we noted previously, we have checked with our colleagues in the legal
department regarding questions such as voting thresholds, and we hope that
the attached note is helpful for understanding how Section 16 will work.

Please note also that we have not included the actual proposed draft
modifications or related motion in the Note or this email - the attached
Note therefore deals purely with the process issue.

Thanks and cheers
Mary