[council] Ramp-up for London

  • To: Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Ramp-up for London
  • From: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 19:30:44 +0200
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=key-systems.net; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-type:content-type:subject :subject:to:mime-version:user-agent:from:from:date:date :message-id; s=dkim; t=1398447056; x=1399311056; bh=P+KC4aPavCyn kwcQgtRuzc9guRx4tjlyrGxmo20/z8M=; b=d6iV6gc/jEkGZaFgzmGeV82IsobK NZJMfAzgzXTkT3CoMpBBncINaet8CwMz+eVj8ge/PW7PwWddqWMW6ZZRF/YEjx+h ewZhMm0qzfMrR2Rl96YORPqQHdIP80AxGO3im8rQ09d92Nsfp8b5H2587ODQnSpp PC1KhJY+hM7G+6o=
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear fellow councillors,

we, i.e. ICANN staff and Jonathan, David and me are currently in the first stages of preparing the London meeting schedules.

One of the main feedback points we received from the last poll was that the council appreciated the discussion slots more than the presentation slots. One comment also requested better preparation of these discussions, therefore it will be valuable to have the council discuss the main topics for discussion in advance. That would save us valuable time on Saturday that we can use to potentially extend the discussion slots. We will still include preparation time, however that should be used to adjust the plans with regard to events that happened since travelling to London was initiated.

With regard to the working group reports, many commenters were of the opinion to cut short the time of any groups that did not have anything substantial to report, however this is very difficult to achieve in advance as many WGs will be publishing their reports "just in time" i.e. at a time when the main schedule is already set. I would therefore like to ask the council liaisons to the various working groups to reach out to me with their estimation of how much time - if any - their groups would need to present the current work results. That way we may have more time for groups that just published a report or need time to reach out to the council for feeedback and less time for groups that are still happiliy plugging along, but have nothing to report that they didn't already report the last time.

Other than that, do we want to hear from anyone (staff, community leaders, etc) we did not hear from last meeting ? Suggestions are welcome.

--
Best regards,

Volker Greimann