Re: [council] ccNSO Council report

  • To: "john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] ccNSO Council report
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 16:42:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the update, John.  Did the ccNSO have any other comments about the
composition of the proposed "Steering Committee"?

During a call yesterday with ICANN Staff, I noted that allocating 2 reps from
the GNSO was not adequate, and that the selection process must be open,
transparent, predictable, etc.  My concern is that ICANN will "pick its jury"
in a top-down fashion,  with the goal of steering the outcome.

Thanks-

J.