Re: [council] BRG FAQ Specification 13 - GNSO Council Discussion 10 Apr.

  • To: jrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [council] BRG FAQ Specification 13 - GNSO Council Discussion 10 Apr.
  • From: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:53:14 +0200
  • Cc: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks. It seems reasonable to have Martin Sutton available on tomorrow’s call.
I have been trying to catch up on this issue and prepare to be as informed as
possible before our discussion tomorrow. We will only have 20 minutes for this
purpose on tomorrow’s call as per the posted meeting agenda, so I have doubts
about how informed we will be at the meeting’s end.

We will however have time to explore this issue further following the call, and
I would like to second the idea Thomas suggested on another thread of reaching
out to some of the original WG members to get some insight on the context of
the original WG recommendation and discussions leading up to them. Although it
seems the .Brand registries model was not taken into consideration at the time,
a briefing by the WG members may help us reach a decision on how to proceed
with our response to the board.

Thanks.

Amr