[council] RE: GNSO Council Meeting with ICANN Board

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] RE: GNSO Council Meeting with ICANN Board
  • From: "Jonathan Robinson" <jrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 09:58:16 +0800
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

Following up on below and our preparatory session yesterday, I have notes on
the following questions / discussion points

I feel we could do with a little more substance / clarity here.

Please can you give your input / comments on list asap.

-          Add to

-          Remove from

-          Modify

-          Volunteer / Commit to lead

We may get to discuss more at lunch.

Jonathan

----

Overarching Issues / Challenges (Jonathan, A.N. Other?)

-          Volume of work and pace of change

-          Concerns over dominance of top-down / executive & board led
initiatives

-          Guarantee of the preservation of bottom-up and consensus based
multi-stakeholder system

Specific Questions & Issues

-          IGO / INGO Issue (Thomas)

o   Board commitment to bottom-up processes (PDP)

o   Specific issues

-          Current view of board of the success (or not) of the new gTLD
programme (Introduced by?)
(Follow-on: How is the board planning to evaluate success?).
Examples:

o   Name collisions. GEO TLDs. Reservation list (Who?)

o   RAA. Data retention requirements (James +1)(Ching +1)

o   Universal acceptance? IOS 7 (Ching +1)

-          What is the decision making process leading to reconciling GAC
advice / GNSO policy? (John)

-          A number of SSAC reports seem to be backlogged (Mikey)

o   What is the Board's approach to addressing SSR backlog?

-          Strategy Panels (Maria / James)

o   N.B. Were these adequately covered yesterday with Fadi?