[council] Possible topics for the conversation with Cyrus -- managing the "Consensus Policies Implementation" backlog and global technical outreach

  • To: Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Possible topics for the conversation with Cyrus -- managing the "Consensus Policies Implementation" backlog and global technical outreach
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 15:23:55 +0800
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi all,

i was thinking about the opportunity that’s presented by the update that Cyrus
is going to give us about his area of responsibility

a couple things are on my mind and i’m curious what other people think.

- there’s a change in approach (and a growing backlog) in the implementation of
Consensus Policies.  some examples include IRTP-C and Thick Whois.  this might
be a good time to talk about the management approach we take to that backlog

- there are a whole bunch of recommendations for global outreach campaigns
about various technical issues (eg Name Collisions, DDOS attacks using DNS
infrastructure, Root Key Rollover, etc.  i’d be interested in talking about how
these “technical outreach campaigns” could be integrated with the other
outreach campaigns that ICANN is launching.

what do other folks think?  are these questions that we could put to Cyrus
beforehand?  are there other questions along this line that we could ask
Jonathan to put into the queue?

mikey

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP
(ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)