Re: [council] Singapore Agenda Item: New gTLDs, Subsequent Application Rounds

>  this item seems premature.

Mikey,

My first inclination was to submit a motion for a PDP, but I thought that might
be premature because this issue involves many pieces and no one has thought
much about it to date. So anticipating this concern, I thought it best to
simply open the issue for discussion so we can collectively think about what
aspects of the program we need to address, whether this requires one or
multiple issue reports from ICANN, and one or multiple PDPs. This is really
just a discussion item for the Council to frame the next steps, and I don’t
think anyone needs to have a constituency position on the substance yet.

           Bret