[council] Fwd: [] CCWG contribution in ICANN's homepage banner

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Fwd: [] CCWG contribution in ICANN's homepage banner
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 06:32:14 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

This is an example of what I mean about disclaimer in the body of a report being somewhat irrelevant.

Though the report did come out decently, there is still the problem of an un-chartered adhoc group speaking in the name of the GNSO and the rest of ICANN with a statement that received little or no community review.

Lately we have been lucky with things that are set up incorrectly producing a decent product (The ICANN Review teams and this). I believe, however, that each time this happens, it weakens the community's hold on its processes.

avri