Re: [council] virtual conference -- Bret Faucett was only 10 years ahead of his time -- maybe this platform would work for ICANN?

hi Volker,

i agree, this couldn’t replace the big meetings yet (although i hope it can in
my lifetime).  but i’d be really interested to try this for some of the smaller
inter-sessional meetings that are often foregone because it’s just too
expensive to get people together.

one of the things that intrigues me about a gizmo like this is the integration
of the virtual environment with VoIP conversations.  Brett had a Bar built into
his environment, the hope being that people could go hang out there between
sessions and strike up those very conversations you’re talking about.

we’re probably a decade too soon for complete replacement, but maybe as a
supplement?

mikey