[council] Re: GNSO Council Report on IGO-INGO PDP Recommendations to the ICANN Board

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Re: GNSO Council Report on IGO-INGO PDP Recommendations to the ICANN Board
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 09:28:28 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In my haste to hit the Send button below, I omitted to note the following:

Please note that with the close of the public comment period on the IGO-INGO
PDP WG's Final Report last week, the next step after Council approval of
this Report is consideration of the recommendations by the ICANN Board. As
one of the Council's approved recommendations is the formation of an
Implementation Review Team (IRT) to work with staff on implementation issues
and details, the hope is that approval from both the Council and Board will
be forthcoming without delay so that some of the implementation principles
proposed by the IGO-INGO PDP WG can begin to be worked on as soon as
possible upon formation of the IRT. As such, you may wish to focus your
review on the approved recommendations, as further discussion on
implementation principles and details will take place upon Council and Board
approval.

In this regard, please note that the actual text of the recommendations has
been slightly modified to reflect the Council's discussions and vote in
Buenos Aires more accurately. Please share the Report with your respective
Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies so that any comments can be
communicated to the Council prior to the 23 January meeting, so as to enable
speedy approval by the Council and, hopefully, the ICANN Board.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director