RE: [council] Item for Discussion on Implementation and Policy Working Group

Apologies, I missed this response this morning.

On reflection, I had seen it previously.

Jonathan

From: Thomas Rickert [mailto:rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 29 August 2013 12:25
To: Neuman, Jeff
Cc: GNSO Council (council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: Re: [council] Item for Discussion on Implementation and Policy Working
Group

Jeff, all,

I fully support the idea of inviting the ICANN Board. A few days back, I asked
the Council leadership as WG chair to send an invitation to engage early with
the IGO-INGO PDP WG to the GAC and you have surely seen this on the Council
list.

Thus, I guess the Council should follow such requests coming from WGs as
standard practice and not discuss them individually. I am sure that the Council
leadership will spot the unlikely case of a request not being appropriate and
then raise it with the Council.

The question that we might wish to discuss, though, is whether such
correspondence should go through the Council or its leadership at all or
whether it can also be made directly from the WG chairs. We had a vivid
discussion on this in the IGO-INGO WG and it might be helpful for other WGs,
too, to get some guidance on this from the Council.

Thanks,

Thomas

thomas-rickert.tel

+49.228.74.898.0