[council] Webinar on the Initial Evaluation of New gTLD Applications

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Webinar on the Initial Evaluation of New gTLD Applications
  • From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 02:58:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For info:

From:
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/announcements-and-media/announcement-03aug12-en

Webinar on the Initial Evaluation of New gTLD Applications

The initial evaluation phase of the new generic top-level domain program began
on 12 July 2012, and evaluation panels are now processing applications using
the criteria in the Applicant Guidebook.

Throughout the evaluation process, ICANN will provide regular updates to
applicants. One method we plan to use is monthly webinar sessions.

This first session will be set for 90 minutes with an opportunity for questions
and answers. The sessions will provide updates on evaluation progress, program
developments, and other topics of interest to new gTLD applicants. The sessions
will be open but opportunity for questions will be reserved for applicants.

The first webinar will provide:

* Information and updates on the various elements of the evaluation process

* Early evaluation indications and implications for applicants

* Discussion of the "batching" issue and its impact on the timing of
delegations.

We hope you can join us for this session but if you can't, you'll find a
recording of the webinar in the Announcements & Media section of the new gTLD
microsite.

Applicant Webinar: Start of New gTLD Initial Evaluation