[council] Announcement to Precede ICANN's 44th Public Meeting in Czech Capitol
- To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Announcement to Precede ICANN's 44th Public Meeting in Czech Capitol
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 06:19:42 -0700
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Ac1OHiywi2CeMRbsQcS3fTFBRFFenA==
- Thread-topic: Announcement to Precede ICANN's 44th Public Meeting in Czech Capitol
Announcement to Precede ICANN's 44th Public Meeting in Czech Capitol
18 June 2012
Board Chairman Dr. Stephen Crocker will introduce the next President and Chief
Executive Officer of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
(ICANN) at a news conference on Friday, 22 June in Prague, Czech Republic.
The announcement has been anticipated since Rod Beckstrom, ICANN's current
President and CEO disclosed last August that he would step down at the end of
his contract, which expires on 1 July.
Dr. Crocker will join Chief Operating Officer Akram Atallah and the next CEO in
answering questions from journalists during the Friday news conference, which
will be webcast live from the Czech capital.
The news conference will take place 2-days prior to ICANN's 44th public meeting
Here are the details:
WHAT: News Conference
WHO: Dr. Stephen Crocker<http://www.icann.org/en/biog/crocker.htm>, Chair of
Board of Directors; Akram
Atallah<http://www.icann.org/en/about/staff/atallah.htm>, Chief Operating
Officer; New ICANN President and Chief Executive Officer.
WHEN: Friday, 22 June 2012, 1600-1700 Prague (1400-1500 GMT/UTC).
WHERE: Room - Palmovka /Rokoska, Hilton Prague Hotel, Pobrezni 1 Prague, 186
00, Czech Republic.
OFF-SITE ACCESS: The live webcast will be accessible from http://icann.org
· To read the news release on Rod Beckstrom's announced departure from
ICANN (16 August 2011), go here:
http://www.icann.org/en/news/press/releases/release-16aug11-en.pdf [PDF, 493 KB]
· To review the schedule for the entire Prague meeting, go here:
Glen de Saint Géry