RE: [council] Request for clarification from IOC-RC Drafting Team

  • To: "'Mason Cole'" <mcole@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'William Drake'" <william.drake@xxxxxx>, 'Stéphane Van Gelder' <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Request for clarification from IOC-RC Drafting Team
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 19:36:52 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "'council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mason,

Your statement is true only at the top level and ignores the bulk of the GAC
request which relates to the second level.  The GNSO has yet to make any
recommendations nor respond to the GAC with regards to second level
protections.  This is why I have asked for this item to be a "discussion".  I
am not saying that the GNSO should accept of reject the GAC recommendations at
the second level, but we need to at least give those recommendations some
analysis.  Whether that is through the GNSO directly or through a drafting team
is the real item up for discussion.

I strongly suggest we lay the facts on the table at the Council meeting and
have a productive conversation on the next call.

Thanks.

Sent with Good (www.good.com)