[council] TAS Interruption - Update (25 April 2012)

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] TAS Interruption - Update (25 April 2012)
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:22:00 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-25apr12-en.htm
TAS Interruption - Update (25 April 2012)
Statement by Akram Atallah, COO
ICANN's system for applying for new generic top-level domains, known as TAS,
remains offline due to a technical glitch.
We are systematically combing through TAS logs and analyzing data for signs of
access applicants may have had to file names and user names of others. We have
narrowed the pool of affected applications and the associated posted documents.
However, the integrity of each and every application is our number one
priority, so we must be as thorough as possible.
Last Friday, we announced our intention to provide an update on the reopening
of the system within a week. That is this Friday, 27 April, and it remains our
plan. We appreciate your continued patience.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://gnso.icann.org