[council] Statement by Akram Atallah, COO

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Statement by Akram Atallah, COO
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 00:25:23 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-18apr12-en.htm

Statement by Akram Atallah, COO

ICANN has been providing regular updates on the recent technical glitch that
resulted in the TLD application system being taken offline.

As reported earlier, we believe that we have fixed the glitch. We continue to
test the solution and to conduct research to determine which file names and
user names were potentially viewable, as well as which applicants had the
ability to see them.

We will provide additional information tomorrow to address questions that we
have received about the glitch. Please monitor the ICANN website at
<http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/tas/interruption-updates> for further
updates.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue and reopen the
application system.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx