[council] Amendments to IOC/RCRC Motion

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Amendments to IOC/RCRC Motion
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:42:09 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

The Drafting Team discussed possible amendments to the IOC/RCRC motion last
week during its regularly scheduled meeting.  I am not sure if those will be
proposed or not by some members of the Council, so I guess we will just wait
and see.  There are two changes I would like to see which is more of clean-up
administrative changes.  Because of (i) the discussions in Costa Rica where
changes were made to recommendation 2 to limit the number of languages as
opposed to the version proposed on March 2nd, and (ii) the Board already met on
March 16th,  I propose making the following changes:

First Resolved Clause
Resolved, that the GNSO Council adopts the following three recommendations from
the IOC/RC Drafting Team's three recommendations as described in its Proposal
for the protection of IOC and RCRC names at the top level as provided in
http://gnso.icann.org/issues/ioc-rcrc-proposal-02mar12-en.pdf; namely:

Last Resolved Clause
Resolved, that the GNSO submits this proposed solution for Board consideration
and adoption at its 16 March 2012 next meeting in Costa Rica as a recommended
solution to implement Board Resolution 2011.06.20.01 for implementation in the
first round of new gTLD applications.

Thanks.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs
21575 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling, VA 20166
Office: +1.571.434.5772  Mobile: +1.202.549.5079  Fax: +1.703.738.7965 /
jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx>  /
www.neustar.biz<http://www.neustar.biz/>