[council] How to handle requests for motion deferrals

  • To: Wolf-Ulrich Knoben <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] How to handle requests for motion deferrals
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:59:30 -0600
  • Cc: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wolf,

I am writing to you as Chair of the Standing Committee on Improvement
Implementation (SCI) to request that you direct the SCI to look at the issue of
GNSO Council deferral requests for motions.

As you know, we have at Council level a practice of allowing referral requests
for a motion that is being considered for the first time. I would ask that the
SCI examine how this practice could be formalized and inserted in our Rules and
Procedures.

Thanks,

Stéphane