[council] IOC/RC Call with GAC and Drafting Team (Friday, March 2nd)

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx " <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] IOC/RC Call with GAC and Drafting Team (Friday, March 2nd)
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:33:22 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

Good News.  As discussed on the last Council call, we now officially have a
call scheduled with interested members from the IOC/RC Drafting Team and the
GAC for Friday March 2nd at 15:00 UTC.    Call-in information will be sent next
week by ICANN staff.  If you are interested in being on the call which is open
to the drafting team, Councilors and GAC representatives, please send an RSVP
to Glen at
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

In order to get this meeting with the GAC, I have promised to send around a
summary status document to the GAC by mid-week next week.  On this short
notice, I am doing my best to circulate to the drafting team before getting it
to the Council and GAC, but in any case, I will disclaim the document as being
from me as the chair and not having gone through review by the drafting team,
council, constituency groups, etc.

DISCLAIMER:  As previously discussed, this is not a formal GNSO or GAC meeting.
 The purpose is merely to provide an update to the GNSO Council and the GAC
regarding our progress to date in order to help prepare the GNSO Council and
the GAC for our follow up discussions in Costa Rica.  To the extent that any
GNSO Councilor or GAC Member expresses any opinions or questions, those should
be considered informal comments from them personally as opposed to official
positions of the GNSO, GAC, their constituencies, stakeholder groups or their
countries.  This is the first time we are trying something like this, and if
successful, I hope it can be used as a model of future collaboration.

Thanks.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs
21575 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling, VA 20166
Office: +1.571.434.5772  Mobile: +1.202.549.5079  Fax: +1.703.738.7965 /
jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx>  /
www.neustar.biz<http://www.neustar.biz/>
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.