From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Stephane Van Gelder
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 7:49 PM
To: Tim Ruiz
Cc: krosette@xxxxxxx; council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [council] Our Chair's quote in Managing Internet IP

Kristina,

I'm as disappointed in that press report you have produced, as I am that you
could think I would say something like that as GNSO Chair…

My first sentence of that day, which of course was not quoted (Managing IP
never spoke to me or asked to interview me - I did not even know they were in
attendance), but which Zahid, David and others who were in the room can
confirm, was that I was not speaking as GNSO Chair but as general manager of
INDOM.

I understand that in the current climate of mistrust that some seem intent on
maintaining within the Council, I need to make such clarifications every time I
say anything to anyone, anywhere, and so will continue to do so because that is
what the role of Chair demands.

However I don't share your view that some reading that article would think I
was speaking as GNSO Chair. Quite the contrary, most people seem to clearly
understand that even though I am the current GNSO Chair, in my normal working
day, I represent the company I work for and not anyone, or anything else.

Stéphane