[council] Email to GAC

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Email to GAC
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:42:40 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Councillors,

As agreed during our meeting today, please find below the email I suggest I
send to the GAC Chair.

Please let me have any comments or edits.

Thanks,

Stéphane

Dear Heather,

As you know, as part of its resolutions on the new gTLD program, the ICANN
Board passed a resolved clause during its June 20 meeting in Singapore which
contained the following excerpt (Resolved 1.b):

Incorporation of text concerning protection for specific requested Red Cross
and IOC names for the top level only during the initial application round,
until the GNSO and GAC develop policy advice based on the global public
interest.

The GNSO Council discussed this during its July 21 teleconference and has
requested that I write to you in my capacity as Chair to enquire as to how the
GAC intends to respond to the Board's resolution.

Our next teleconference is scheduled for September 8 and we plan to discuss
this topic again during that meeting, so any response you can provide before
that date would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Stéphane Van Gelder
GNSO Council Chair