[council] Rosemary Sinclair's update to SOI

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Rosemary Sinclair's update to SOI
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 04:09:21 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rosemary Sinclair's updated statement of interest

Date:  22 Jun 2011

On 7 July 2011 I was appointed Chair, Regional Telecommunications Inquiry
Review Team by the Australian Government for 2011-2012. This is a part-time
role.

I was appointed Director, External Relations at the Australian School of
Business (ASB) at the University of New South Wales in May 2011. This position
includes responsibility for the ASB website and web strategy including use of
social media tools among 60,000 Alumni.
I am immediate past Chair, INTUG (International Telecommunications Users
Group). I have represented INTUG as Head of Delegation to APECTEL and Expert
Adviser at OECD CISP meetings.
I have been a Demand Class Board Member of auDA since October 2009.
In 2008 the Australian Government reviewed the participation of consumer groups
in communications policy development and implementation in Australia. I was
part of a multi-stakeholder group involved in reviewing existing arrangements
and proposing a new structure, responsibilities and funding base for a new
organisation, ACCAN - the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network.
>From 2003-2010, I organized ATUG's Regional Roadshow has involved visiting
>over 75 towns throughout Australia, travelling over 100,000 kms and speaking
>with over 3500 community members about the availability and potential of
>advanced communications services. A specific focus was the Internet and
>e-security. People of all backgrounds attended the town events - local
>government, older citizens, young students, parents, local business operators,
>farmers. The shared vision was high quality communications and online services
>in the remotest parts of Australia.
In the future more and more effective use of communications by these groups
will depend on the Internet - this is the basis of my interest in participating
in the work of ICANN.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx