[council] Senegal - Letter with State Dept stamp for personal computers etc.?

  • To: "'council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Senegal - Letter with State Dept stamp for personal computers etc.?
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:26:31 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings!

Have any of the other US folks been told that, in order to avoid paying duty on
personal computer, iPad, etc., one has to have a letter that itemizes the
equipment, states it's for personal use, and bears a State Department stamp?
When I asked if the State Department stamp meant apostille, the person at the
Senegalese Embassy didn't know.  Before I go (or, more accurately, my assistant
goes) chasing this down to find out exactly what is needed, I thought I'd check
to see if someone else has.

Anyone?