[council] FY12 Ops Plan Budget Development information - update and reminder!

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] FY12 Ops Plan Budget Development information - update and reminder!
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 09:26:19 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

Attached is a resend of a briefing presentation on the FY12 Operations Plan
Budget Development process.   While there will also be time in February - March
to comment on the process, I would like to remind you that there is a deadline
of the end of January for budget requests.  There is a form in this deck that
has been created for that purpose.  As I mentioned in my previous email, I
think it is very important for the GNSO Council (in addition to Stakeholder
Groups and Constituencies) to consider whether you have budget recommendations
or priorities to submit.  Examples of requests to consider might be: 1) to
assure that funding for Whois studies is available next year 2) for any
incremental policy-development-related expenses, such as costs to retain an
independent expert or for a face-to-face meeting of a working group, etc...

Staff is happy to assist in preparing the request forms for any recommendations
the Council may have.  Please let us know if you have any questions or if we
can be helpful in any way.

Thanks, Liz