AW: [council] Role of the Council discussion

  • To: <william.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: AW: [council] Role of the Council discussion
  • From: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 19:41:56 +0100
  • Cc: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I support this

Wolf-Ulrich

________________________________

        Von: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Im Auftrag von William Drake
        Gesendet: Samstag, 4. Dezember 2010 19:05
        An: Stéphane Van Gelder
        Cc: GNSO Council
        Betreff: Re: [council] Role of the Council discussion

        2010/12/4 Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>

                Thanks for some very good discussion on the role of the Council.

                As a starting point for continuing that discussion on this
list, these are the points we may wish to look at:

                Should we have this session again at next ICANN meeting?
                Does Council support the idea of the leaders talking to group
chairs?
                How to improve the communication between the groups - standing
number for informal group calls.

        All fine, but I'd add to this the question Tim and I were debating
about how Council may deal with reports, and the broader question of Council
freedom to deliberate and act.

                Thanks,

                Stéphane

        William J. Drake
        Senior Associate
        Centre for International Governance
        Graduate Institute for International and
          Development Studies
          Geneva, Switzerland
        william.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        http://www.williamdrake.org