[council] AG changes reflecting council resolution 20100715-1

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] AG changes reflecting council resolution 20100715-1
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 22:36:50 +0800
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Everyone,

Finally had a chance to look through the proposed final AG...

I refer to our resolution in June and July about Confusingly similar TLD
strings and our request for the AG to be updated regarding the issue:
http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions/#201006 (20100610-1) and
http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions/#201007 (20100715-1)

It seems to me (based on the redline version) that nothing to that effect seems
to have been put in place, and the String Similarity review still says:

An application that fails the String Similarity review due to
similarity to an existing TLD will not pass the Initial Evaluation,
and no further reviews will be available.

I wonder if anyone did find the changes relevant to our resolution... and
whether staff can help explain what actions were taken with regards to the
above resolutions...

Edmon