From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:06 AM
To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [council] Questions for chair

I've 2 questions to both candidates:

1.      I'd appreciate a statement from regarding action item 1. from our last
call (prioritization, see attached). Which specific efforts do you have in mind
in order to strengthen the council's ability and effectiveness in organizing
its work?
2.      With respect to the fact that the board recently took decision on VI
without having received a specific council recommendation: which measures do
you have in mind to avoid the council's position in the policy development
process becoming more and more weakened?

Thanks and regards
Wolf-Ulrich

        Please note the following action items from our Council meeting one
week ago:

        1.      Assuming we dispense with the prioritization effort, Councilors
are encouraged to communicate ideas on the Council mailing list on how to make
decisions regarding whether or not to proceed on a project; the aim would be to
compile a list of factors that can be used to make choices, and over time
develop criteria for choosing projects and work items.