[council] MOTION REFERRING TO THE GNSO COUNCIL OPERATIONS PROCEDURES WORK TEAM (GCOT) RECOMMENDATIONS

  • To: <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <ray@xxxxxxxxx>, <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] MOTION REFERRING TO THE GNSO COUNCIL OPERATIONS PROCEDURES WORK TEAM (GCOT) RECOMMENDATIONS
  • From: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:39:19 +0100
  • Cc: <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Colleagues,

The first "Resolved" of the a.m. motion (see
https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi?18_november_motions) reads:

        RESOLVED, that the GNSO Council accepts these deliverables submitted by
the GCOT and approved by the OSC and directs Staff to post the aforementioned
document for thirty (30) days in the ICANN Public Comment Forum.

I wonder whether the GCOT has submitted and the OSC has approved the proposed
revisions to section 5.0 in the version presented. To my knowledge the OSC
approval was given including  the DOI. In this case I'd like to suggest a
friendly amendment as follows:

        RESOLVED, that the GNSO Council accepts these deliverables submitted by
the GCOT and approved by the OSC and directs Staff to post the aforementioned
document for thirty (30) days in the ICANN Public Comment Forum

Philp's and Ray's advise would be helpful.

There are still references to DOI left in the revision which I've removed (see
attached).

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben

 <<GNSO Operating Procedures v2 Section 5 Proposed Revisions without DOI 15 Oct
2010 redline (WUK_edit).doc>>