From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mike Rodenbaugh
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:47 AM
To: 'GNSO Council'
Subject: RE: [council] ICANN Board Votes to Enhance New gTLDs
Competition

Thanks Chuck for pointing this out.  I'm curious to know how "affiliate"
is defined, if it has been defined?  I guess it must be narrow, as
Verisign is 'affiliated' with NetChoice as it is a member of that trade
organization.  NetChoice is a voting member of the BC.  Same with
Network Solutions, which is (or at least recently was) a member of
USCIB, another voting member of the BC.  I believe some registries and
registrars are probably also members of IPC voting members such as INTA
and AIPLA.

So, is there a definition of 'affiliate'?

Mike Rodenbaugh

RODENBAUGH LAW

tel/fax:  +1 (415) 738-8087

http://rodenbaugh.com <http://rodenbaugh.com/>