[council] first results of Russian IDN .РФ open registration

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ccnso-council@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxx>, <member@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] first results of Russian IDN .РФ open registration
  • From: "Andrei Kolesnikov" <andrei@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:16:08 +0300
  • Cc: <rod.beckstrom@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Yakushev Mikhail'" <Yakushev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear colleagues!

Great news regarding the open registration for Russian IDN .РФ

During the first hour we've got 36607 new domains registered.

During the second hour we've got 43054 and during the 3rd hour

we've got 41456 new registrations easily passing the benchmark of

100.000 new domains. Before the start we've got 18000+ domains
registered during priority registration for trade mark owners.

This clearly demonstrates a great demand for domains in

national languages and proves Russia's position  as a

leader in terms of the dynamic of TLD launch.

Due credit should go to the international community  and

their approach to extending the name space.

--andrei

Andrei Kolesnikov,

Director

Coordination center for top level domain .RU

http://cctld.ru

http://кц.рф;