RE: [council] JAS WG charter extension motion

  • To: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] JAS WG charter extension motion
  • From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:28:26 +1100
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow.

This is some motion. Interesting that it is slipped in during all the commotion
of VI etc.

I am still at a bit of a loss to understand this.

You are now reaching out to Registry Back end Service providers and assuming
that ICANN play a role in supporting the payment of their services? Where does
this end?

I would love, personally, to have a license for mobile spectrum in Australia. I
cannot afford it, therefore I don’t. My bad luck. I am not sure this is too
much different. I am not sure why support needs to be granted on any level here.

Originally, I agreed because we were discussing the supporting the development
of the application itself. Some folks may have troubles in doing so (especially
non English speakers etc). It seems to now be stretching much much further than
this.

I have yet to speak to my Stakeholder group on this topic but I assume we
wouldn’t be supportive of this motion.

Adrian Kinderis