ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [council] Interim Report on Vertical Integration Between Registrars and Registries (Phase I)

Thank you Margie and thanks to all the VI WG participants.

In light of the Nov 5 Board decision 
(http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-05nov10-en.htm) I wonder if the 
Council would not be best advised at this point to put the PDP on hold and to 
disband the WG until after the first round of new gTLDs?

Merely looking at this from the resource management point of view, would it not 
be premature for the Council to ask for the work of "developing a long term 
solution for both new gTLD an existing gTLDs" to be pursued before there has 
been adequate opportunity to study the effects of the no-separation policy on 
the first batch of new gTLDs?


Le 9 nov. 2010 à 23:54, Margie Milam a écrit :

> Dear Councilors,
> On behalf of the VI PDP Working Group, I am pleased to inform you that the VI 
> Working Group has published its Interim Report on Vertical Integration 
> between Registrars and Registries (Phase I).  This Interim Report describes 
> the absence of a consensus within the VI Working Group for any 
> recommendations for the first round of new gTLDs (Phase I of the PDP).   With 
> Phase I of the PDP complete,  the VI Working Group intends to suspend its 
> activities pending further  instructions from the GNSO Council for conducting 
> Phase II of the PDP, which is expected to  focus on developing a long term 
> solution for both new gTLD and existing gTLDs.     
> Please note that due to its size, the Interim Report is posted on the WIKI 
> page for the VI Working Group below, and will be posted on the GNSO Council 
> website shortly.
> https://st.icann.org/vert-integration-pdp/index.cgi?vertical_integration_pdp
> Best Regards,
> Margie
> ____________
> Margie Milam
> Senior Policy Counselor
> ____________

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>