RE: [council] Doodle poll: To determine time for maximum attendance at Council meeting on 8 September 2010

  • To: "Glen_de_Saint_Géry" <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Doodle poll: To determine time for maximum attendance at Council meeting on 8 September 2010
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:14:44 -0700
  • Cc: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I object to moving the meeting to the 8th. All it seems to do is favor
one group of Councilors over another, those who find IGF to be in
conflict over those who do not. Have we determined that any fewer would
be available if we don't move it?

And I think it's pretty clear that the VI WG will not be submitting any
consensus based recommendations, in fact it will only be an initial
report not final. So there really is nothing urgent for the Council to
take action on. The initial report of the VI WG will likely be out for
public comment so the Board is perfectly capable of reviewing it and
taking any of it into consideration. In addition, given our tradition of
putting an action off for one meeting if requested it is unlikely that
any action would be taken anyway.

Tim