[council] Re: New gTLD Geographical Names

Chuck:

Thank you for your thoughtful note. As a start, I have discussed this issue set
with David Olive who also understands the points you are making. David
indicated that a discussion with leadership of the pertinent Supporting
Organizations and Advisory Committees might be the next step: to determine how
best to work toward consistent treatment of geographical names while continuing
to pursue the policy development and implementation work now occurring in IDNs
and gTLDs.

Regards,

Kurt