[council] Topics for Joint Meetings in Brussels

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Topics for Joint Meetings in Brussels
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:35:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 <<Survey for Board meeting with GNSO in Brussels.docx>>

Assuming  I didn't miss anyone's preferences, here is a summary of support for
discussion topics in our joint meetings in Brussels:
GAC/GNSO meeting
1.      DAG 4, including morality and public order
o       Support: Bill, Jaime, Wolf, Mary
o       Oppose:
2.      AoC, including A&T RT and next reviews
o       Support: Bill, Jaime, Wolf, Mary
o       Oppose:
3.      RAA
o       Support: Chuck, Mary?
o       Oppose:
4.      IDN ccPDP
o       Support:
o       Oppose: Chuck,
If there are no objections by Monday, I plan to suggest to Janis that we
discuss topics 1 & 2 with the GAC.  And would like to request a volunteer (or
volunteers) to draft a brief (less than 5 minutes) intro to each topic
including any questions we might have for the GAC.
Board/Staff/GNSO dinner meeting
1.      There are rumblings that there are some on the Board who think this
meeting has outlived its usefulness; in light of that, it might be useful to
discuss the value or lack of value from both the GNSO and Board/Staff
perspective.
o       Support: Chuck, Stéphane
o       Oppose:
2.      What do Board members understand about the AoC commitment to promote
competition, consumer trust, and consumer choice in the DNS marketplace, with a
particular focus on GNSO work
o       Support: Rosemary, Wolf
o       Oppose:
3.      ICANN and Internet governance directions
o       Support: Terry, Bill, Jaime, Rafik, Mary
o       Oppose:  Wolf
4.      DAG 4, including morality and public order
o       Support: Wolf, Mary
Note that I sent the attached survey to Bruce Tonkin for the purpose of getting
individual Board responses and asking Bruce what the best way of doing that
would be.

ccNSO/GNSO meeting
1.      DNS-CERT
o       Support: Chuck, Bill, Mary
o       Oppose:
2.      Synchronized TLDs
o       Support: Andrei
o       Oppose:
If there are no objections by Monday, I will send these topics to Chris.
Andrei has volunteered to prepare a brief intro to the Synchronized TLDs topic.
 We need a volunteer for the DNS-CERT to do the same.