RE: [council] Meeting Protocol for Brussels and beyond...

Interesting... thanks Bill.

I think you all (y'all) are missing the point about being elected
representatives. The community input and participation is sufficiently covered
- and if not, I have suggested mechanisms where their input is heard (via
Councillors and or through the Chair). I do not consider this Draconian.
Draconian would be to exclude them altogether or ask them for their input prior
to the meeting. This is being organised and efficient. Don't forget, everyone
gets a say.

In the same vain why aren't our GNSO calls open for the public?

I also think it is important to raise the profile of our Councilors (and the
prestige for that matter). Folks should be made to feel comfortable to use them
to convey a point of view. Also, Councilors work very hard, it could be
considered a position of value to have been elected to sit at the table and to
have the ability to converse directly with Staff and the Board. You never know,
it may entice more folks to want to put themselves forward as Councilors if
they can see an immediate benefit.

I think talking to repeat offenders "offline" is a useless exercise and
potentially creates a difficult and embarrassing situation. Why should we have
to play police officer? I'd like to avoid that tension completely.

With reference to my offer for drinks... we did it, but I had too many members
of the public claiming their right for a drink and ran out of money ;)

By the way, I am  against any invitation or information with the words "inter
alia" included. Makes me feel that only the smart people are invited...

Thanks.

Adrian Kinderis