Re: [council] Motion from IDNG

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Motion from IDNG
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 08:48:20 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I support the motion, but would support removing the examples from the
letter.  I think we may have a variety of reasons for wanting to permit
re-examination of strings deemed "confusingly similar," and don't want
to endorse any particular resolution in this letter.

(For example, I would find it competitively disturbing if registry
operators got first dibs on quasi-similar strings, and would want
competitors to be able to challenge a finding of similarity; the reverse
of the first-listed example.)

Thanks,
--Wendy

--