[council] Final version of VI charter

  • To: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Final version of VI charter
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:33:48 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Councillors,

As I indicated during our last call, the VI charter DT had set itself today as
a deadline for coming back to the Council with a final version of the charter.

I am please to report that the group has been able to meet this deadline.
Please find attached the charter proposal for your consideration.

I would like to point out that although the DT did manage to reach consensus on
most points of the charter, this was not the case for objective 5. As you will
be able to see from the attached document, one wording of this objective got
numerical preference, but there was not unanimous agreement. Alternative
versions that were suggested are therefore also included as footnotes in the
document that the DT is sending to the Council today. On behalf of the DT, I
apologize for not being able to present a completely final document, but doing
it this way seemed the only way to reach today's deadline.

It will therefore now be up to the Council to decide if the charter should be
adopted as-is, or with modifications to objective 5.

Thanks,

Stéphane