[council] Board - Policy Staff - GNSO Council topics

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Board - Policy Staff - GNSO Council topics
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:40:16 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

The top 2 topics were:

1. with 11 in favor: Critical Issues for new gTLDs - Geographic names at 1st and 2nd levels

2. with 10 in favor: Critical Issues for new gTLDs - The IRT Report

and in third:

3. with 8 in favor: Restructuring issues: By-laws and Charters

the other topics were distant also-ran with 0 and 2 votes.

So have decided the number one issue:

Critical Issues for new gTLDs - Geographic names at 1st and 2nd levels

Will be the main topic at the dinner

and the number 2 issue

Critical Issues for new gTLDs - The IRT Report

will be the dessert topic.

I am assuming that the number 3 topic will be available for people who decide they have nothing further to say on the previous two topics or who are looking for some light banter during cocktails or in the bar after dinner, but will not schedule it for the dinner.

I am hoping, however, there will be chance for all of the Stakeholder Groups to discuss their pending charters with the SIC and the Board at some time during the week in Sydney. With having resolved most of the issue on the By-Laws in the DT, I think the charter issues are largely SG specific in any case.

Thanks for taking part in the poll.

a.