Re: [council] Document Deadlines

Yes, thank you Chuck.

Even I think 0 days notice is bit short.

a.

On 3 Jun 2009, at 07:56, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Avri,

I think you meant 14 June for the 10-day deadline.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:24 AM
To: Council GNSO
Subject: Re: [council] Document Deadlines

On 3 Jun 2009, at 06:20, Glen de Saint Géry wrote:

A reminder of the new requirement approved by the Board that all
documents for consideration by the Governmental Advisory Committee
shall be available 15 working days prior to the beginning of the
Sydney meeting on 21 June 2009, and all other documents shall be
available 10 working days prior to the beginning of the Sydney
meeting. This will apply to motions before Council.

Thank you Glen for passing on this message.

I too would like to see that we have motions ready 10 days
before.
And it may helpful that the BOARD is making rules about
schedules, I certainly accept their right to make rules about
such requirements for themselves and for the GAC.

However since we have always worked on a 7 day before bases,
I will not exclude from consideration anything that makes the
7 day deadline though  of course other council may object to
taking such a vote and then we will postpone as we have done
in the past..  any council votes will only be voted on at the
24 June meeting, so as I understand the
deadlines:

10 day would be 24 June
7 day would be 17 June

Of course the earlier a motion is posted the better, but with
trying to coordinate out work with things that are being done
elsewhere, e.g.
by the board and its committees, and the fact that these this
are often delayed, it does not make sense to withhold work
from the face to face meeting.

thanks.

a.