[council] Scheduling of meetings
- To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Scheduling of meetings
- From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 19:52:22 +1000
- Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcnkMP2YCg/segdxRUiEG9/oscZ+LA==
- Thread-topic: Scheduling of meetings
Can I suggest a topic for discussion by the GNSO in Sydney?
I think we need to look at how we schedule our meetings. As I previously
brought up and as was briefly commented on (largely by Chuck and Avri) I think
that Doodles are not appropriate. They make it a popularity contest whereby the
most unpopular vote always loses. Given that time zones don't change it really
doesn't help those that are in the minority and outside of the "popular" time
I understand it is incredibly hard to schedule meetings when participants are
scattered all over the world but I would favour a rotation process that shared
it around irrespective of numbers.
Happy to have this discussion on Saturday or Sunday if deemed appropriate. Note
I'll be as sharp as a tack (no jet lag for me!).
Adrian Kinderis (GMT/ UTC +10)