RE: [council] Proposed cover letter for GNSO Letter to GAC

  • To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Proposed cover letter for GNSO Letter to GAC
  • From: "Tony Holmes" <tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:41:28 +0100
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:X-MimeOLE; b=PZE9hXbo+IfOASW6WsWyDWYEpkvc9NtouuazFQr0U8tS3W2xh4drSLavbpIEuGc1Lx+7H/dz+kVLz2pL4ht+spDj9IbhPT536zn7S84NAUZ3vmPBGD68V2vNIF9KyI5Vm9IAQbaEEyBv3AhxgsEcTSSkvZTmNGDeM48Zvpcvn3w= ;
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Avri

Although this is a letter from the GNSO Council rather than the GNSO there's
been considerable discussion over this within the ISPCP Constituency and as
a result we're unable to offer support for the letter.

In addition to specific concerns that some ISPCP members have expressed
there is also an overriding view that the GNSO Council doesn't have to offer
a response on such a controversial issue and at this stage it should be left
to the Board.

Could I ask that the note you propose below is subject to a minor amendment
that adds the Internet Service Providers and Connectivity Providers
Constituency to the abstention.

Regards

Tony