Re: [council] GNSO Council letter to the GAC
- To: William Drake <william.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] GNSO Council letter to the GAC
- From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:53:09 +0200
- Cc: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <613BCCF7-67F9-4601-8490-CB0EC72F41A0@graduateinstitute.ch>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcnTCPuIXrZaqQKAd0CSfp6aUnUpGg==
- Thread-topic: [council] GNSO Council letter to the GAC
- User-agent: Microsoft-Entourage/12.17.0.090302
You sent in a request to be included on the list a little late, and hence
you may have missed our conversations on the list.
We have now moved to the Council list where suggestions can be sent.
Le 12/05/09 12:47, « William Drake » <william.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a
> Hi Stéphane,
> Thanks for sharing the draft, looks good. I do have some suggestions though
> that we might want to consider, and am wondering how you want to proceed.
> Personally I much prefer using a wiki or Google docs but if mail's the only
> option ok. Was a list established for this purpose and I missed it?
> On May 12, 2009, at 10:12 AM, Stéphane Van Gelder wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> In a letter dated April 24 2009, GAC Chair Janis Karklins wrote to ICANN CEO
>> Paul Twomey on the subject of geographical names and the new gTLD process.
>> At our Council meeting last week, it was decided that we should respond to
>> this letter and I volunteered to write a draft. We agreed that our response
>> should be sent to the GAC asap, preferably by the end of this week, and Avri
>> informed the GAC that they should expect a response from the GNSO Council by
>> this Friday.
>> In order to fine-tune our draft response, a team was set up and I submitted
>> my draft to the team yesterday.
>> The team responded very quickly in order to meet the Council¹s Friday
>> deadline and considered my draft ³good to go², with one addition by David
>> Maher and a comment by Avri, both of which have been included in the draft
>> letter we are submitting to the full Council today (see attached).
>> Could you please review and let me know of any further changes you would
>> like to make, or of your approval, so that Avri may then send the finished
>> letter to the GAC on Friday.
>> My thanks to the members of the drafting team: David Maher - Avri Doria -
>> Nacho Amadoz - Edmon Chung - Brian Cute - Ken Stubbs - Olga Cavalli - Tony
>> Harris - Terry Davis William Drake.
>> Stéphane Van Gelder
>> <GNSO Council to GAC May 2009 V2.pdf>