RE: [council] Friendly amendments to motion on Whois service tools

Hi,

In making the amendments to the motion, I have changed the
recommendation to drop specific examples like tiered access - though the
proposal has been made in the past and discussed at length - it would be
good to have some analysis of what it means to change the system to
support this.

Also I forgot that I had already agreed to a friendly amendment from the
staff allowing more flexibility in delivery dates (this was in the
motion on the wiki, but still in parenthesis).

the Resolution now reads:

Resolved,

The GNSO Council requests that Policy Staff, with the assistance of
technical staff as required, collect and organize a comprehensive set of
requirements for the Whois service policy tools. These requirements
should reflect not only the known deficiencies in the current service
but should include any possible requirements that may be needed to
support various policy initiatives that have been suggested in the past.

The synthesis of requirements should be done in consultation with the
SSAC, ALAC, GAC, the ccNSO and the GNSO and a strawman proposal should
be prepared. The Staff is asked to come back with an estimate of when
this would be possible.