[council] RE: [liaison6c] Constituency and council Seat was RE: Draft Revisions to the ICANN Bylaws Relating to GNSO Restructure

I totally agree that how Councilors are selected is extremely important but I
do not think that that means that every constituency must be guaranteed a seat
on the Council, nor am I concluding that Alan is advocating that.  Guaranteeing
every constituency a seat on the Council would not scale and would require
ongoing adjustments to how Councilors are selected.

I also agree that the process of selecting Councilors must be 'fair' however
that is defined and I firmly believe that that can happen at the SG level.
After all, the Board will approve SG charters, which I assume will have to
include Councilor selection procedures, so there will be a check on fairness.

Chuck