RE: [council] Comments in relation with GNSO travel funding and policy

Thanks Avri.

If we use the constituency as the basic unit of funding apportionment,
would it then be the Council's role to decide how to do that fairly?
That sounds like a huge challenge to me.  What does it mean to treat
constituencies equitably?  Does every constituency get treated the same
way in apportioning funds regardless of their size or representativeness
or activity?

What if there are a small number of constituencies in one House and a
large number of constituencies in the other house? Is it your opinion
that the travel funds should be distributed equally among constituencies
so that one House would receive a lot more funding?

In the case of the Travel DT recommendations for which I provided some
suggested edits, the intent as I read it was to request funding that
would at least cover costs for all Councilors if constituencies decided
to use it for Councilors.  Councilors are selected at the SG level and
may or may not correlate with constituencies, so I don't see how it
would work.

Finally, in my opinion I think these issues are best handled by each SG
rather than by the Council or present constituencies.

Thanks for the dialog.

Chuck