[council] Old DNSO funds and this year's travel.

  • To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Old DNSO funds and this year's travel.
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 04:32:54 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I was wondering whether there would be general support in the council
for using the monies in this account to supplement the travel budget to
Sydney and to Seoul in order to allow all current constituencies who
wish to send 3 participants (Councilors, WG participants, SC ...) .

While we are asking for better funding in future years, we can be fairly
certain that we will not get a raise in support for 2009.  It may make
sense to use these funds for that purpose - i have been asked why we are
holding on to the money in a time when we need more support.

If there is general support, I would like to ask  the Travel DT to
figure out how to make this allocation and then to bring a motion to the
council.

thanks

a.