Re: [council] Final version of RAA amendment/motion

Hi Tim,
This is news to us.  NCUC much prefers the language we agreed on Sunday.

Bill

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thought I should point out that the only change from the version that
> was circulated Sunday afternoon is in the last paragraph of the resolve.
>
> The Sunday afternoon version read:
>
> Within 30 days of Board approval of the set of amendments, the GNSO
> Council will form a Drafting Team to discuss the amendments further and
> identify those that the community believes could be further revised
> through PDP processes or through additional changes to the RAA that may
> not fall within scope of a formal PDP process. The Drafting Team should
> endeavor to provide its advice to the Council and ICANN staff no later
> then July 31, 2009.
>
> It has been changed to:
>
> Within 30 days of Board approval of the set of amendments, the GNSO
> Council will form a Drafting Team to discuss further amendments to the
> RAA.
> The Drafting Team should endeavor to provide its advice to the Council
> and
> ICANN staff no later then July 31, 2009.
>

> Tim

William J. Drake
Senior Associate
Centre for International Governance
Graduate Institute for International and
 Development Studies
 Geneva, Switzerland
william.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
New book: Governing Global Electronic Networks,
http://tinyurl.com/5mh9jj